Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pierced

Charlie Pierce hits on what I find so annoying about Barack Obama. You know how Obama continually says he wants to "make Washington work" and how he can work with Republicans to "get things done"? Pierce:

Take the list of Republican congresscritters, House and Senate. Make me a list of 10 of them with whom you think you can work to achieve anything close to the progressive goals you have said you want to achieve. Give me an honest run, and I guarantee you that you can't do it. You may get "something done" but it's not going to have anything to do with anything resembling the values of the party you seek to represent. This is a party that has to be forcibly disenthralled from its lunatic base.
Exactly.

Now I'm sure some Obama supporters might say that his togetherness campaign is for voter consumption and that Obama would be a tough President. Maybe.

No comments: