Monday, September 24, 2007

Do Not Touch Them

Many of you may not be old enough to remember. When I was a kid, there was a series of public service announcements featuring Willie Mays and blasting caps. Mays would point to a blasting cap on the ground, look at the camera, and seriously say "The are dangerous, do not touch them, they will hurt you"! Keep that in mind as you read this:

The Washington Post leads with word that at least some U.S. snipers in Iraq have been encouraged to set out "bait" to lure and kill suspected insurgents. The classified program calls on snipers to set out an object that they suspect an insurgent would use against U.S. or Iraqi troops, such as ammunition or plastic explosives, and then kill whoever tries to take the item.
I'll bet you a dime to donuts that they made sport out of it complete with scores and standings

1 comment:

Ms. Jan said...

I wish I could take your bet with confidence that I'd win, but sadly, I think you're right.