Thursday, May 3, 2007

Democratic Bitches

This is why I am totally fed up with the Democrats.

President Bush and congressional leaders began negotiating a second war funding bill yesterday, with Democrats offering the first major concession: an agreement to drop their demand for a timeline to bring troops home from Iraq.
source

The reason Bush and the neocons hold the Democrats in such contempt is because the Democrats act like prison bitches. I'm feeling the same level of contempt for the Democrats and won't support them in the future. I'm adjusting to the realization that I have no representation at any level of government.

1 comment:

Greyhair said...

I agree, it's frustrating.

But I also understand the optics of it. Like it or not (and I don't) there is a swath of the country that would turn on Dems if they were as unyielding as Bush. Plus I don't think Dems would have the votes to send up another bill. Sending no bill would be just a bit too juicy to rescue Bush from his situation and enough Dems would revolt to make that untenable.

I say the Dems need to continue hammering the Congressional Republicans with vote after vote until they cave. I agree with Randi Rhodes who thinks that Republicans have given the situation until September, on Gen. Petraus' assurances. After that, I think a more unyielding position will work.

It unfortunate that lives have to be the victim of politics. But as they say, "twas always thus so".