Thursday, June 28, 2007

Senate Elections

It's awfully early yet, but this gave me a boost. Josh Marshall:

We'll probably have more on this at Election Central later today. But this is a very telling little nugget from the ARG poll about how the senate looks in 2008 and particularly the striking and on-going transformation of New Hampshire politics.

According to the just-released ARG poll, Jeanne Shaheen -- who I don't think is even an announced candidate yet -- is beating Sen. Sununu by 57% to 29%. Tellingly, Shaheen is pulling 30% of the self-identified Republican vote.

That would be a rematch of what I can personally testify was a heart-breaking race back in 2002 in which Sununu pulled it out in the end.

I mean, a sitting senator polling 29% against a named candidate. That's real bad.
I'm afraid to hope. In the past several elections, my vote prognostication device has failed miserably. Failed to the point of being afraid to predict anything against the corrupt, illegal, vote stealing, lying Republicans. But if the trends we currently see stay in place, 2008 is going to be quite ugly for Republicans.

And it should be.

No comments: