Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Virtual Non Story

I know this will shock you:

Democratic leaders in Congress are quietly preparing to give President Bush essentially everything he wants to keep the Iraq war going for at least another six months without forcing any change in course.

Swept into power on the votes of war-weary Americans last year, Congressional Democrats have so far failed in all their attempts to curtail Bush's war efforts. As they consider the president's latest request for $200 billion in supplementary war funding party leaders have pledged not to hand over another "blank check."

Yawn.

More. Better. Democrats.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

This is why I get so cranky when people tell I'll be "wasting my vote" on Kucinich.
No, I'm not. Those who continue to vote for the corporate candidates are throwing away the opportunity to press for genuine change. The majority are the ones "wasting" their votes.