Friday, May 11, 2007

Iran Watch

I saw in the news today that Cheney is out flappin' his gums about Iran. Iran has sort of been out of the news lately, and certainly the predictions (including my own) of an attack on Iran have not materialized. I wonder why?

My first thought is that those predictions were just wrong. What I mean is, that there never was an intent to attack, just sabre rattling. But a part of me thinks that there was indeed a plan to bomb Iran that has been twarted by the 2006 elections, failure in Iraq, and cooler heads. We'll likely never really know.

No matter what the reason, it's a good development for world peace and stability. The problem of nuclear proliferation will continue but hopefully international cooperation can dominate the solving of the problem rather than unilaterial cowboyism.

No comments: