Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Ole' Be Afraid Gambit

Chertoff is out telling everyone that summer is a dangerous time for an al Qaeda attack! That's not news .... now is it? But check out the reasoning ......

WASHINGTON - U.S. counterterror officials are warning of an increased risk of an attack this summer, given al-Qaida‘s apparent interest in summertime strikes and increased al-Qaida training in the Afghan-Pakistani border region.
Now just wait a minute. Excuse me, and correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't we fight a war and occupy a country so there wouldn't be an "increased al-Qaida training in the Afghan-Pakistani border regions"? I mean, it seems to me that we still have troops there don't we? Why should we fear increased training of terrorist in an area that we've cleaned out? Isn't Chertoff's statement a bold-faced admission of failure in the Great War On Terra?

No comments: