Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Snark Post of The Day

A post shamelessly stolen from Anonymous Liberal:

Via Andrew Sullivan, I came across this gem of a post by Mark Levin at The Corner:
So, the Iraqi government reportedly hasn't met any of its targets . Has the Democrat Congress met any of its targets?
That's the entirety of the post. No doubt an attempt at a snappy one liner. But let's run with that analogy.


Why hasn't the Democratic Congress been able to accomplish its goals this term? The primary culprits are obstructionist Republicans in the Senate and a stubborn president. So if the Democrats are the Iraqi government, what does that make the Senate Republicans and the President? Al Qaeda? Or maybe they're what Donald Rumsfeld once referred to as "pockets of dead-enders."
I really really wish I was that quick on my feet. I saw the quote by Sullivan earlier this morning and gave it the usual wanker sneer. Anonymous Liberal did a much MUCH better job of it.

No comments: