Monday, August 27, 2007

Don't Fence Me In

Remember the border fence? The $1.2 billion seven hundred mile fence approved by Congress and Bush to keep "them" out? .....

Well, here it is:


All fifteen miles of it so far.

Ah huh. Looks a lot like your typical Iraqi project to me. The contract must have been a no-bidder that went to Halliburton. Also reminds me of the levies in New Orleans.

As you may know, I'm anti-fence. Even if the thing were state-of-the-art, it wouldn't keep out illegal immigrants. And if it did, the USA economy would come to a standstill. So I guess I'm happy that it's such a shit-pile of a fence, although it's a little too expensive of a shit-pile for my liking.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

The only thing this fence will accomplish is interfering with the migratory patterns of animals.