Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This Is Getting Stupd

I ran across this today:

Last week, the Justice Dept. refused Leahy’s request to voluntarily turn over domestic surveillance documents for the ninth time.
This was an update to a story of Leahy subpoening further documents from the White House.

Just what does a subpoena mean anyway? If you ask, and you get a refusal, then you subpoena and you get a refusal, then what? It's crap like this that is really turning me against the Senate Dems. Nine times he's been refused? If I was in the White House I'd be laughing my ass off at Leahy for his toothless legal oversight.

I don't care how long litigation would take or what the procedures. It's time for the Senate to take this to court. Even if they lose it can't be any worse than being exposed as toothless this way?

No comments: