Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cripple

Speaking of John McCain. Isn't there a bit of a disconnect between his public statements and this?

In other McCain-related news, the LAT points out that when the senator released his tax return last week, he disclosed that he received a tax-exempt $58,358 for what his staff called a "disability pension" from the Navy because of "his limited body movements due to injuries as a POW."
Oink oink. Mind you, if I hurt from the war I'd certainly take the disability pay. But then, I'm not running for Preznit and proclaiming that I'm fit as a fiddle now am I. Isn't this a bit like those insurance investigators who take movies of people seeking disability for back problems who are seen lifting heavy stuff? I think the guy either a) takes the pay and when asked about his health discloses his disability openly or, b) doesn't take the pay and returns it from the time he's been running.

No comments: