Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Accidental Truth

Froomkin again, this time quoting Dana Perino, White House talking head:

"MS. PERINO: I think that the President is confident that Prime Minister Maliki understands that the Iraqi people have limited patience, as well, and they are desperate for the security and to get their lives back to what they were before."

Back to what their lives were before? As in, before the invasion?

Later in the briefing, a reporter read that back to her.

"MS. PERINO: Well, obviously that's -- I should -- let me -- are you giving me a chance to expand, revise and extend my remarks? Obviously, they want to be in a time -- in a place where they can feel safe, and I don't believe that, at least most of the population, felt safe under Saddam Hussein."
I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of dough that if you took a poll, a majority of Iraqi's would go back to the Saddam days ... even Shiites.

No comments: