Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tin Ear

I also noticed the unusual level of venom coming out of the administration for the last couple of days:

The New York Times leads, and the Wall Street Journal tops its world-wide newsbox, with President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney criticizing Democrats in Congress for coming up with a war-spending bill that includes timetables for withdrawal. "Instead of fashioning a bill I could sign, the Democratic leaders … chose to make a political statement," Bush said yesterday.
I can't believe these guys are doing this. And yet, on the other hand, I'm not sure there's anything else they can do. I hope they keep it up.

Every time the Republicans blast Democrats on the war they are blasting the voting public and further isolating other Republicans who will ultimately have to face election. So Cheney, snarl away!

No comments: