Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Enemy Of My Enemy ....

Like I said, isn't it ironic that the biggest ally of Fatah is Israel?

ISRAEL’s new defence minister Ehud Barak is planning an attack on Gaza within weeks to crush the Hamas militants who have seized power there.

According to senior Israeli military sources, the plan calls for 20,000 troops to destroy much of Hamas’s military capability in days.

The raid would be triggered by Hamas rocket attacks against Israel or a resumption of suicide bombings.
Where's Mel Brooks when you need him?

On another front, it looks like Fatah has another new buddy:
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Mahmoud Abbas got a major boost in his increasingly bellicose showdown with Hamas on Saturday, with a U.S. diplomat saying he expects a crippling embargo to be lifted once the Palestinian president appoints a government without the Islamic militants.
You absolutely can't make this stuff up. If I were a belligerent power, I think I would actively encourage a faction more radical than myself to sabre rattle and watch my enemies suddenly become new buddies.

No comments: