Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Straw Poll

This straw poll was taken at the Take Back America conference:

Barack Obama won the first annual Take Back America straw poll held this afternoon. Of the over 700 respondents, 29 percent favored Obama, followed by John Edwards in a close second with 26 percent and Hillary Clinton in third with 17 percent. Al Gore won a not-too-shabby 8 percent as a write-in candidate.

For their second choices, Obama voters picked Edwards and vice versa, reflecting a strong anti-Hillary contingent at the conference.
Of course this poll is virtually meaningless (no pun intended). But I don't think it's any secret that liberals/netrooters are very very unhappy with Hillary, her pandering, and her position(s) on the war. If (and it's a big if still) Hillary were to win the nomination, I think everyone would fall into line. But she has a hill to climb to win that nomination.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

"...Hillary were to win the nomination, I think everyone would fall into line."

Not me. I won't vote for anyone who voted for the Iraq invasion. Period.

Greyhair said...

Ok. I stand corrected. Not everyone would fall into line.

However, let me suggest that at election time, a vote for Hillary is better than an absent vote, which is a defacto vote for a Republican nutbar.